Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Succulent Propagation

This is probably not all that impressive, but I have successfully propagated a baby succulent! (Like I said, not terribly impressive, but I'd never done it before!) I bought the parent plant almost a year ago when we first moved in as a sort of house-warming present for myself, and I gave the baby plant to my sister as she moved into her new house this week. A chain of house-warming succulents!





For your propagating needs, this blog post is super useful. I'm actually ashamed to say I have no idea what kind of succulent the parent plant is, as it came in a cute little Ikea multipack without plant names. I think it might be an aloe? When it flowered last winter, it grew an absurdly long stem with a flower on top, which I am told is an aloe hallmark. We had to actually open up the top of our Socker greenhouse it grew so tall, it looked so bizarre (but very pretty!)

alice
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment