Sunday, 6 November 2016

Meet My Rats



(Firstly, just to address the elephant in the room: yes, it has indeed been nearly two years since my last blog post here, goodness me. I've given the blog a little refresh and I'm back. Hope you like it!)

I'd like to introduce you to the two rats that now live with me....








 Esme is the brown coloured agouti and Esk is the lighter coloured Himalayan, and they are both tiny little angels, if angels destroy your clothes and furniture and eat all your food. We love them to pieces.

Their names are Pratchett inspired, if you were wondering. We're getting two more rat kittens next month and we're hoping to keep the theme going.



Growing up, one of my best friends' mum actually had her own rattery, which was just so unfathomably awesome to 13 year old Alice (and 27 year old Alice, to be honest) that I was pretty much consumed with jealousy. I think I loved rats from the moment I met my first rat - belonging to another of my best friends, bred from that same rattery - and I think I literally never shut up about this until leaving home. (My parents were never on board. I made regular powerpoint presentations but they weren't swayed.)

If I'd known I'd be twenty six before I could have my own rat house guests, I would've been horrified. But hey, I made it. They are a delight.





I am, as ever, an enthusiastic advocate for maligned rodents with tails. So really, not that much has changed in two years.

Thanks for reading, please do admire my beautiful rats, and I'm looking forward to getting back on the blog wagon.

alice
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment